Host your service in the Cloud
If you work in the public sector, use GOV.UK PaaS to host your service without worrying about infrastructure.See how to get started
Deploy applications without infrastructure specialists
You can get something up on the Internet in minutes, without depending on a webops team.
The GOV.UK PaaS team manages the underlying platform, so you can:
- make the best use of your developers’ time
- focus your budget on your applications
Meet the demands of your users
As your service grows, GOV.UK PaaS lets you instantly:
- spin up new apps
- scale existing ones to meet demand
- add backing services (like PostgreSQL and Redis databases)
Resilient and secure
GOV.UK PaaS is designed to meet the needs of government teams working on public-facing services:
- UK hosted
- It provides 99.99% uptime (based on the last six months’ performance)
- It offers 24-hour platform-level support
- It’s possible to test an application in the trial period free of charge
- The technology runs on an IA-accredited infrastructure, so times for app accreditation are generally faster
Supported 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
by the team that builds it
GOV.UK PaaS is built and managed by a full-time team of developers, webops engineers, product managers and user researchers at GDS.
The team provides 24/7 support for any platform-related issue.
If your team is experiencing any issue using the platform we can provide assistance during office hours.
Trusted by teams across the public sector
Services from across the public sector are already using GOV.UK PaaS, including Trade Tariff, GOV.UK Notify, Digital Marketplace, great.gov.uk, BEIS Primary Authority Register and Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service.
If your organisation has already signed a memorandum of understanding with GOV.UK PaaS, you could start using it straight away.